Skip to content Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer


Maine is Replacing its General Issue Chickadee Plate in 2025 – Here’s How You Can Request to Keep Your Current Chickadee Plate Number in Advance

Beginning May 1, 2025, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) and Agents will no longer issue license plates with the chickadee design. Anyone who currently has plates with the chickadee design will be required to obtain new plates when they renew their registration or obtain a new registration on or after May 1, 2025.

This means municipalities, including Bradley will be issuing a new plate when registrants with a chickadee plate renew their registrations.  For new registrations and renewals in the Passenger Class (PC) class code, registrants can choose:

  • a Pine Tree Plate (existing PC class code) for no additional costs or:

  • a “no tree plate” (new NT class code) for no additional costs or:

Plate Reservations:

Beginning June 3, 2024, registrants who would like to keep their current chickadee plate numbers may reserve their plate number for a $25 one-time fee. This includes people with vanity, low digit, and National Guard (PC class code) plates.

The BMV will be mailing postcards to registrants with active low digit, vanity, and National Guard plates in June, with information on how to reserve their plates. Registrants also may reserve if they simply like their current plate number.

  • Class codes that can be reserved are: Antique Auto (AQ), Combination (CM), Commercial (CO), Farm (FM), Motor Home (MH), Passenger Class (PC), Special Equipment (SE), Commercial Tractor (TT).
    • Non-chickadee plates will not have the option to reserve.
  • Tractor plates (TR) may only be reserved through the manual application process (MV-62).

There are four ways registrants may reserve their plate(s).

  1. Online through the stand-alone reservation portal at
  2. Through a reservation process as part of the Rapid Renewal website.
    1. The closest BMV locations to Bradley is Bangor.
  3. By mailing the Application to Reserve a Plate Number (MV-62) to the Administrative Office.
    1. To view/download the Plate Number Reservation Application, please click here.
      1. All Plate Reservation Applications should be mailed to 29 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333 with “Attention Registrations”.
More Information
Registrants with questions about reserving plates may contact:
For additional information, please visit the Maine BMV’s FAQ about Plate Reservations by clicking here.


Maine Homeowner Assistance Fund

Maine Homeowners Assistance

“This fund is meant to help low and moderate-income homeowners who may have gotten behind on their bills during the COVID-19 pandemic get caught up,” said MaineHousing Director Daniel Brennan.”

Applications for the program will continue to be processed by a group of local partners, including several community action agencies and housing providers. Proof of homeownership and income eligibility will be required. Access to the program also includes financial counseling with a Housing and Urban Development-certified mortgage counselor. This is at no cost to the applicant.

Expenses covered by the program may include late or past due mortgage or tax payments, overdue utility bills including sewer, water and electricity, and/or heating fuels. The program can also pay overdue homeowner association dues and fees or the lot rent for a mobile home that is owned by the occupants.

For some eligible homeowners, the program will also pay up to three months of future mortgage payments to ensure housing stability.

Program Details and Application




Broadband Speed Test

The State of Maine is collecting data that will be used to determine broadband needs. The Town of Bradley is well served but there could be a chance for it to be better. If you could take a minute to perform this broadband speed test, your information will be captured.

Curbside Trash Pick Up Regulations

The Town of Bradley Waste Disposal contractor has the following regulations.  All of these provisions are specified in the current contract.
  • All Trash must be bagged and tied, even if it is in a container.
  • No bag can weigh over 40 pounds.
  • All cardboard needs to be broken down and bundled.
  • Syringes must be disposed of in a capped container.
  • No furniture.
  • No Tires.
 Any items not meeting the above requirements will not be picked up.